Raheen Football Club  

Raheen fc football


view:  full / summary

Raheen B keep on track

Posted by raheenfc.com on October 27, 2013 at 4:45 PM Comments comments (13)

Rahheen B keep league hopes alive with 2 draws in 7 days to the top 2 teams, Castledockrell and then Ferns scoring 2 goals in each game.

The previous week Raheen were away to Duncannon where they came from 2 nil down at half time to win 3 - 2 in the end.


Posted by raheenfc.com on April 28, 2013 at 12:05 PM Comments comments (0)

Raheen avoided the dreaded drop after a hard and testing season for all concerned. Shelburne beat Raheen 2-1 last sunday to leave Raheen depending on other results to avoid a relegation play-off. Fortunately Fastnet beat cushinstown in the last league game to preserve Raheens status. A season to forget for many as the club was hampered with injuries which affected the momentum and morale of the club after last years success.

The highlight of the season for the club was the relative success of the B team and hopefully the next campaign will see both teams fighting at the right ends of their respective leagues.



Posted by raheenfc.com on April 16, 2013 at 4:25 PM Comments comments (0)

After a string of poor results in the past few weeks, Raheen have found themselves in a relegation fight with two games remaining. Raheen travelled to fellow strugglers Rathnure on tuesday in the penultimate game knowing that the losers would be relegated.

 The home team got the best possible start scoring twice without reply to lead at the break. The second half started like the first with Raheen dominating territory but with little sucess in front of goal. All that changed when Raheen were awarded a penalty which Shane Whelan converted and a deflected Willie Gillard shot hit the net to level the match. With tails up and Rathnure in trouble Raheen continued to press on and deservedly took the lead when Shane nodded home a Dylan Whitty free kick before Shane completed his hat-trick from the spot to seal the win which relegates Rathnure and gives Raheen a chance to beat the drop in the final league game of the season against Shelburne on sunday next.


Posted by raheenfc.com on March 10, 2013 at 3:05 PM Comments comments (0)

Raheen B team got a great result today when beating Camolin away on a 2-4 scoreline especially after both Raheen teams lost last week in their respective cups. Willie Gillard scored again with two great goals to give Raheen the lead but Camolin struck twice in quick sucession to level the game. Substitute Shane Whelan hit the net from distance before John Whitty`s goal made the points safe.

Raheen B march on in cup

Posted by raheenfc.com on February 17, 2013 at 3:10 PM Comments comments (0)

Raheen FC B were away to Cloughbawn in the Gwyn Jones Cup. Although Cloughbawn are 2 divisions above Raheen, this did not worry the visitors who pushed hard from the start and were soon rewarded when Michael Curtis scored from a long distant free kick. Raheen continued to pile on the pressure through John Whitty who was unlucky to have a number of chances saved. Raheen added a second goal by half time with Nicky Doyle finishing with a fine volley.

Cloughbawn got 1 back early in the 2nd half but Raheen regrouped and continued to attack giving little opportunity to the home team to equalise.

Final score Raheen 2 – Cloughbawn 1

Raheen Fc A were at home to Gorey Rangers 2nd in the league. The home team won in fine fashion with 1 each from Padge Wickham, David McEvoy, Steven Doyle and 2 from Nigel Higgins. Seamus Burke kept a clean sheet denying Gorey through a fine penalty save.

Final Score Raheen 5 – Gorey 0



Posted by raheenfc.com on January 13, 2013 at 4:50 PM Comments comments (0)

Both Raheen teams qualified for the next rounds of their respective cups in contrasting style. The A team had Nigel Higgins to thank for their success with two goals in the first half. The second a brilliant finish to the roof of the net. With Rathnure posing little threat after the break, the home team ran out comfortable winners.

The second match of the day was a thriller with the B team going through on a 5-4 scoreline. Willie Gillard opened the scoring half way through the first period with a great turn and shot. Nicky Doyle scored direct from a corner early in the second half before Moyne pulled one back. Mervyn Moloney scored with a bullet shot before Moyne again found the net. When substitute John Whitty netted a fourth with ten minutes remaining it looked all over but Moyne never gave up and scored two quick goals to make it 4-4 going into injury time. Unbelievably Willie Gillard scored a brilliant goal from the edge of the box with the last kick of the game. A brilliant goal to finish a brilliant game.


Posted by raheenfc.com on November 11, 2012 at 1:35 PM Comments comments (0)

Both Raheen teams got big home wins this sunday after some indifferent results lately. The A team have had alot of injuries this year which has disrupted the clubs progress this season.

Rathnure arrived confident of a result but Raheen dominated the first half with goals from Padraig Whitty, David McEvoy and Shane Whelan which gave the home team a deserved 3-1 lead at the break. Rathnure battled back in the second half with two goals but Raheen finished the stronger to claim the points. David got his second before substitute Brendan Kehoe sealed the 5-3 result.

The B team had a very comfortable 5-1 victory against Crossabeg. Paddy Whitty hit the net 3 times with Padraig Whitty and the evergreen Denis Kane also getting on the scoresheet. Two good victories which should boost confidence ahead of next weeks games. The A team are away to Wex Bohs at 11 and the B team away to Tombrack at 1pm


Posted by raheenfc.com on October 7, 2012 at 11:00 AM Comments comments (0)

Raheen returned to winning ways this week with a great win over table toppers Shelbourne on a 1-0 scoreline. It was the first of many derby games in this years division. A changed Raheen team won the clash when Nigel Higgins scored after rounding the keeper with only minutes remaining. The win keeps Raheen in contention at the top end of the league.

Raheens B team lost on a 1-2 scoreline at home to Castledockrell. John Redmond looked to have earned Raheen a draw after "dockrell" had taken a first half lead but the away team rallied with a late winner.

The B team remain in mid-table with a big game next week away to bottom placed Orrill at 1. Raheen A are away to in-form Gorey at 11


Posted by raheenfc.com on September 23, 2012 at 4:50 PM Comments comments (0)

Raheens first team played away to Wolfe Tones of Bray in the first round of the leinster junior cup on sunday 23rd. It proved to be a day to remember for Steven Doyle as he scored 4 goals to put Raheen into the next round. His first goal came against the run of play, 30 mins in, before Tones got a deserved equaliser before the break. Steven hit the net from 25 yards before Bray scored a brace to lead but the away team finished strongly with a quick double from steven and another from Dylan Whitty.

Raheens second team continued their good form with a draw at home to Oylgate. Mervyn Moloney converted an Enda Wickham free kick before oylgate levelled in the second half.

Next week the "A" team are away to Fastnet @ 11.30 and the "B" team are away to New Ross Celtic @ 11


Posted by raheenfc.com on September 9, 2012 at 1:35 PM Comments comments (0)

Raheen got the new season back on track with two victories at home to Killenagh and Tombrack.

The A Team dominated for much of the game with some good passing but could not convert any chances. The deadlock was eventually broken when David McEvoy sored from the spot after Peter Fynn was fouled half way throught the second half. Killenagh piled on the pressure for the last quarter. The defence held strong to claim the three points.

The B Team took a while to settle into their game until Shane Kelly scored from a tight angle after good work from John Redmond. Raheen controlled the rest of the first half. Brendan Curtis nodded home from close range for a deserved second before Willie Gillard scored a brilliant third from 40 yards to seal the deal. Tombrack rallied, missing a penalty before scoring their consolation before the final whistle.